For many of my senior clients and families, the fall seems to be the most common time of year to think about scheduling senior portraits. But did you know that the best time to book your senior photo session is the summer before you start your senior year??
Crazy right? Actually, not really! Here are just 10 of the reasons why the summer before your senior year starts is the best time to have your photographs taken:
Top 10 Reasons to Schedule Your Senior Portraits This Summer
- The number one more important reason why it’s important to book your senior session in the summer is so that you can create a truly custom portrait experience. My summer session clients typically choose to have follow-up sessions in the fall or winter to capture their seasonal interest or just to take advantage of the beautiful change in the landscape.
- Yearbook Deadlines! By scheduling your senior portraits in the summer, we can ensure you’ll have amazing photos already prepared to submit to your school’s yearbook before their deadline rolls around, which is typically around December for our local high schools in Cle Elum, Ellensburg, and Kittitas.
- We have plenty of available light. The summer months mean longer days which give us more time and flexibility depending on your location and schedule!
- More time to plan! During the summer months, you’re less likely to be juggling school, sports or even part-time jobs. Which gives you more time and flexibility to plan your sessions, shop for outfits, and follow our senior portraits prep guide.
- We can follow it up with a session in the fall and winter to highlight your seasonal activities! Into marching band or football? Let’s get on the football field. Are you a dancer? We can hit the studio during the offseason! Figure skater? Let’s schedule a follow-up session once the lakes freeze over! Check out these 3 tips to help you choose a senior portrait location.
- You’ll have the summer sun-kissed glow!
- Take advantage of the warmer weather in the Central Cascades and schedule a session around the water. In a boat, a kayak, on a lake or at one of Washington’s gorgeous summer destinations.
- Take advantage of the summer colors in Roslyn. The grass is greener, flowers have blossomed and trees are full of leaves making a beautiful backdrop for your session. There are some pretty spectacular sunsets in the summer too.
- You will be able to create an album that spans the seasons in Washington. It just isn’t possible to create all the different looks the seasons give us in just one single session. By booking multiple sessions throughout the year you can create a truly one of a kind album that shows the many different facets of who you are and where you’re from!
- The weather is mild. As we get into the fall and winter months the weather can be a bit less predictable. Scheduling during the summer gives us a bit more control and more time to reschedule future dates if we need to without the pressure of yearbook deadlines.
Contact me today to book your senior photo session early so we can plan ahead!